Firmware Update 18.104.22.168 (Paarlampi)
DEAKTIVIERT EURE REPOSITORIES “OPENREPOS” AUS DEM WAREHOUSE PROGRAMM, SONST KANN ES ZUR PROBLEMEN KOMMEN UND MÜSST DAS SMARTPHONE KOMPLETT ZURÜCKSETZEN!
Nach der Aktualisierung werden alle Android Apps/Games neuinstalliert.
Das geschieht alles Automatisch. Dadurch erhalten die Apps/Games eine viel bessere Kompatibilität!
* Two-way sync of Exchange contacts
* Over-the-air (OTA) provisioning: Receive mobile data and MMS access point settings from your operator over-the-air
* Share and receive pictures and contacts via MMS (experimental 1)
* EXIF data is now stored in photos taken with camera.
* Save GPS coordinates in captured photos [Settings->Apps->Camera] * Set default account to be used for sending emails [Settings->Apps->Email] * Swipe to close gesture available as a setting and disabled by default for new users [Settings->System->Shortcuts] * Visual interaction hints in events view, browser, camera, email, phone and messages apps
* Keyboard sounds [Settings->System->Sounds and feedback->Touch screen tones]
1 Tested on Finnish operator networks only. Let us know if you have issues on your operator network. View more info on MMS settings at ZenDesk and how to debug at mms-issues-hints-for-debugging-and-helping-us-to-improve post.
Fetch the update
First to the first ones:
The software update will be first available to our dear users owning “The First One” covers. The rest of our user base will be able to update their devices on the same day, but a few hours later.
Heads up: Android apps will be reinstalled:
The Android runtime upgrade will reinstall the Android apps on your device. You will see a visual indication
(spinning on the app icons) in the launcher area. The app icons may get re-arranged after the re-installation. Your data however should remain intact.
* Working Jolla account configured on your device.
* Charger connected
* Device connected to WLAN
If you are unable to successfully configure the account, please visit account.jolla.com and try to reset your password.
Users running software version < 22.214.171.124
If your device is running software version lower than 126.96.36.199 and have WareHouse app installed (i.e you are using OpenRepos), disable all openrepo repositories before attempting to upgrade your device. Else, you risk breaking the device. Read important-steps-to-do-before-updating and how-to-disable-openrepos-repositories posts for more information.
Update the software
If your Jolla is connected to WLAN network, an OS update notification should pop up shortly. If you just can’t wait, you can manually trigger an OS update check as follows:
* Open Settings app Go to System Settings->About Product
* Pull down the pulley menu and select ‘Check for update’
* Once an OS update notification is received, tap on it and follow the instructions.
Do not reboot the device while the OS update installation is in progress. The process takes up to 10 minutes. During the update, the device screen might blank out. You can awaken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress. When the upgrade has completed successfully, you will see the LED light up red before the device restarts.
In rare circumstances, you may have to try a second time to get through the update successfully.
View detailed instructions at Zendesk.
Highlights of improvements
* Fixed OpenSSL “heartbleed” bug (CVE-2014-0160)
* Provides Exchange account setting for two-way contact synchronization
* Option to clear learned words from text prediction database [Settings->System->Text input] * Disabled accounts now appear dimmed and non-selectable in the presence selection view
* Allows enabling GPS in flight mode
* Connection indicator in home screen now supports dual connection of WLAN and mobile data (one connection online, another ready-to-use)
* Fixes issue where disabling mobile data connection mid-way through a data sync (e.g.: scheduled sync of emails, social media etc) re-activated mobile data at the next scheduled automatic sync interval specified by the user, or when a user manually triggered a new sync.
* Visual indication in the launcher on android apps when Android runtime is being upgraded
* Proper support of updating and uninstallation of Android apps
* Swipe gestures to close and minimize apps now follow orientation of the android apps
* Fixes security vulnerabilities – Android Bugs 9695860,10148349
* Supports android apps that use android camera apps directly instead of the camera API
* Android audio volume normalized
* Supporting sending SMS via Android apps
* Improved 2D/3D performance
* Delete all occurrences of a recurring calendar event
* Disables swipe gesture to access camera roll while recording video
* Graphics improvement to timers and shutter key
Clock & Alarm
* Provision for the alarm to ring when the phone has shutdown in battery low condition
* Tapping clock and calendar alarm dialogs now displays animation hint to use the pulleys (also in incoming call, Class 0 SMS, Supplementary Services dialogs)
* Visual refresh for the preloaded Ambience photos and colors
* Display page edges when moving between application pages
* Haptic feedback on shutting down the phone
Homescreen, Lock screen, Events view, Notifications
* Plays sounds only for high priority notifications (i.e missed call, chat, SMS, MMS, voice mail and email) when the device is locked
* Displays busy indicator on top of application being uninstalled or updated (same hint as when you install new app)
* Flicking horizontally on lock screen now displays animation hint to unlock with a flick up (same hint as when you tap the lock screen)
* Plays sound feedback on interacting with keys
* Notifies Jolla about developer mode activation for the Jolla account configured on the device
* Disables stepping back when the OS update download is ongoing
* Provides ‘Create new email message’ option directly from the main view via pulley menu
* Displays placeholder text for To, Cc and Bcc fields until text is entered
* Improves picking recipients while composing mails
* Receive photos and contacts (vCard) via MMS
* Improves entering recipients on a new message
* Allows display/edit of ‘Title’ field in Exchange contacts
* Updates context menu in contact picker to allow ‘Edit’ and ‘Add to favorites’ actions
* Updates highlight colors of default 9 ambiance
* Provides image editing view in landscape mode
* Displays ambience settings immediately after creating a new ambience
The Other Half
* Wakes up display when switching TOH covers
* Allows configuring sound settings associated with TOH ambience
* Startup wizard now explicitly provides feedback when the user wants to skip creating a Jolla account
* Call forwarding options are not visible in the UI though they are set. Until we find a fix, please use the GSM service codes from the phone dialer to verify your settings. Refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_forwarding#Keypad_codes for useful codes.
* Settings app takes some time before it loads completely after boot.
* EXIF info of the photos is not visible in the Gallery.
* Occasionally, the device may have problems connecting to internet when the device is connected to both WLAN and mobile data networks. We have a fix in the pipeline.
* Some of the device reboot issues have been addressed though it does not eliminate the problem completely. We are striving to find a fix to resolve the issue permanently. Please contact Jolla Care at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are severe issues on your device.
Highlights of bug fixes
We know this update took a while and thought you’d like to see some of the bugs we worked on internally:
* [BUG] First form page of Jolla account creation stutters when sliding into view
* [BUG] Going back from Jolla back sign-in error page returns to Jolla account setup page
* [BUG] “Scroll bar” missing when scrolling for music in order to set ringtone
* [BUG] If ‘No sound’ set, for example for Email tone, you cannot set sound for it anymore.
* [BUG] System Setting list item context menu doesn’t follow the platform style
* [BUG] Icon for Bluetooth is missing in Settings
* [BUG] Bluetooth device picker should highlight or only show the appropriate devices
* [BUG] BT device details profile list may show duplicates
* [BUG] BT device details profile list may show unknown profiles
* [BUG] Another obexd infinite loop
* [BUG] Obexd won’t response after 4000+ times get command
* [BUG] User can accidentally remove sync target when stopping it
* [BUG] Volume of notifications is higher than 100% when wired headset is connected
* [BUG] Call forwarding does not allow punctuation in phone number
* [BUG] Switching back to phone app should always show the latest call on top of the screen
* [BUG] Incoming caller’s name overlaps with the indication “Call in progress”
* [BUG] Application goes to not responding state in emulator when launched
* [BUG] Exchange calendar names are not updated locally when renamed on server
* [BUG] calendar doesn’t change current date highlight when day changes
* [BUG] calendar sync fails when editing event via event view page
* [BUG] All day Google event is shown in 2 days in calendar
* [BUG] Photos taken in landscape mode are upside down
* [BUG] Remove 5s timer option from Camera settings as its too close to 3s
* [BUG] Tap to focus and metering mode should be synced
* [BUG] Dragging pulley open in Camera gallery landscape split view mode unreliable
* [BUG] Kernel NULL pointer dereference with camera
* [BUG] Settings orientation to landscape, first use gallery, not working
* [BUG] Events view does not show any more any events
* [BUG] Push gesture transition isn’t totally smooth
* [BUG] Iconless notification banner is vertically higher aligned than notifications with icons
* [BUG] Close all apps transition is often restless
* [TASK] Lipstick missing a sane default keymap
* [BUG] Store client stops handling network requests
* [BUG] Store client’s landing page should show a busy indicator while it’s loading content
* [BUG] Store: The search box disappears from the search page sometimes
* [BUG] Two sets of info on top of each other in store during bad connection
* [BUG] Writing to image disk cache should not block the store-client UI
* [TASK] Dynamic pagination in store-client when loading list/grid of apps
* [BUG] PackageKit crashes in mce_keepalive_thread_func
* [BUG] Update fails at times due to RPM database corruption
* [TASK] PackageKit should clear corresponding caches when a repository is disabled
* [BUG] Use PackageKit’s .desktop database for faster uninstallation
* [BUG] Battery information of the device is not shown properly over MTP on Windows 7
* [BUG] DSME does not release input devices properly
* [BUG] DSME got stuck on shutdown
* [BUG] Reboot whole device if system dbus dies
* [BUG] TOHd does not clean up wake locks when crashing
* [BUG] TOHd restart looks too much like cover detach + cover attach
* [BUG] Many (100+) unplug/replugs of USB cable cause it not to be recognized anymore until reboot
* [BUG] Cannot change language or Reset device when device is connected to PC with USB cable
* [BUG] System should boot even if no swap subvolume is found
* [BUG] MCE shutdown (red) LED should have smaller priority than power on LED
* [BUG] Text prediction suggestions are shown for the last letter of the word instead of word itself
* [BUG] Unable to hide virtual keyboard by swiping down from prediction bar
* [TASK] Jolla keyboard should not instantiate unused input handlers
* [BUG] Keyboard should use top-down linear gradient as a background fill.
* [BUG] Focus moves to Subject field when tapping on the expander button in email composer view
* [BUG] In email composer view, the placeholder text disappears from recipient fields sometimes
* [BUG] Starting to write a new email from contacts locks To field
* [BUG] The placeholder text disappears from recipient fields sometimes in email composer view
* [BUG] Transition from portrait to landscape mode in email app shows white screen briefly
* [BUG] In email composer view, you can get multiple empty lines in a recipient field, and no way to get rid of them
* [BUG] Pressing the “next” key in empty recipient field adds another empty field in email composer
* [BUG] Recipient field editor line graphic is always shown with highlight color
* [BUG] Email sharing can only share images indexed by tracker
* [BUG] Keyboard uppercasing doesn’t always take composed text into account
* [BUG] Sometimes clearing selected text leaves characters behind
* [BUG] Empty tab thumbnails when links opened from FB android app
* [BUG] Link forming a loop breaks back navigation
* [BUG] Pressing power key during startup wizard does not turn off display
* [BUG] Startup wizard flow takes steps backward after selecting internet connection in connectivity dialog
* [TASK] Change tutorial last page because of disabling the top swipe by default
* [BUG] Scrolling contacts list is laggy
* [BUG] HerePositioning consumes more battery when connected through broken https proxy
* [BUG] make DeclarativeBounceEffect a bit more robust
* [BUG] Slider label is not highlighted when slider is touched
* [BUG] ListItems change size to 0 when Page becomes !visible
* [TASK] Finger sliding over the screen edge when using a pulley menu should lock the menu open
* [BUG] Peeking does not work as expected with Android applications
* [BUG] Android apps are not usable during several minutes after updating